Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Testosterone and masculinity aside

  1. #1
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone here working on any projects, including scripts, that don't involve gunfire or any special post-production effects?

    Which, even if the answer is yes, can still deal with elements of testosterone and masculinity.

    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 03, 2004 09:09 PM: Message edited by: GREATwarEAGLE ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member belovedmonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2003
    Posts
    554
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    All my movies aviod SFX as much as possible. While its neat to put in something simple now and again i think doing effects shots takes way too much time, time which i would rather spend watching movies or filming them. Plus, you are never going to get them looking anything but amatuerish so i would rather play to my strengths.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Me. Like always.

    But zombies do rule and Jay and Silent Bob DO NOT LICK BALLS.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2001
    Posts
    679
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Unfortunately, I can't write dialogue or a plausible character for shit, so I have to liven it up with FX.

    However, I'll try to do everything practically. I hate CGI in movies and I'm not gonna start doing it all the time in my flicks, even when/if I can afford to do it properly.

    Give me Tom Savini over Dennis Muren anyday.

  5. #5
    windowslaws
    Guest windowslaws's Avatar

    Post

    i like both forms to be honest, however its always exciting working on an effects shot,

    you don't know quite how its gonna turn out until you render, watch a movie, come back and find that cos you forgot to key frame the x axis too the shot is fucked. but that moment you get it is always pretty tasty.

    on the other hand one of our films - fucking moron - is so simple but exudes masculinity! in a non porno way

  6. #6
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Can windowslaws get anymore ironic?

  7. #7
    windowslaws
    Guest windowslaws's Avatar

    Post

    i'm trying god damn it

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SoulJacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 30th, 2001
    Posts
    612
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good stuff.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Unfortunately, I can't write dialogue or a plausible character for shit, so I have to liven it up with FX.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Come on now. Its easier than you think, or at least give yourself credit for. Its no different than how you post your messages. Dont write dialogue thinking to yourself, "Ok - Im writing movie dialogue." Just fuckin write the way you talk 'n think.

    Its amazing how much funny shit everyone here writes in their posts - all the sarcasitic witt, all the clever subtle insults - but its ignored when it comes to their scripts.

    I think everyone in this froum is capable of some seriously intelligent funny material, without the use of sfx.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 03, 2004 10:35 PM: Message edited by: GREATwarEAGLE ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2001
    Posts
    679
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I dunno...

    The problem with my scripts is that they're "hilarious" on the page (so I'm told), but when they are performed, the magic is lost. Killer Sandwich being a case in point. I don't know if this is bad direction from me, bad actors, or just actors with no taste in comedy (Probably all three).

    I cut one dialogue scene from Killer Sandwich before I had to stop. It was cringeworthy. It had one mild chuckle in the entire scene (and that was improvised). There's half a movie sat around somewhere in unedited form. Maybe I'll edit it together one day. I probably won't.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •